Friday, April 30, 2010

Grovsnus Lös


ROUGH. Just the way I like it...of course I'm talking about the grind of Grovsnus (not that other activities aren't also enjoyable in said way, but I digress). Made by Swedish Match, The "Grov" in Grovsnus means rough, large or coarse in swedish, so it would be fitting for the tobacco in Grovsnus to be ground into larger pieces, but enough about that. Let us get on to the good stuff (not that "good stuff" you tokers).


Open the can and take a whiff (most people would speak against this, but trust me this snus is definitely an exception to the "Don't Sniff, Don't Puke Violenty From Olfactory Overdose" rule). What do you smell? (If you answered anything other than the essence of God himself then I'm sorry you must have no sense of smell.) Yes folks, tobaccoey goodness. It reminds me of the scent that rises from dirt after a good rain, clean, inviting, calming, relaxing(I swear it's not the green herbal material you are all thinking it is), and pure. You may find extremely subtle hints of some sort of smokiness but no need to make something so simple(not in a bad way) so complex.


How does it feel in the mouth? (Go ahead ask your Significant Other that question one day, tell them I ok'd it...although for you women readers...it might be a bit strange if you ask your man that..just saying). It's quite comfortable, holds together well, and will definitely last for an hour or more if you know what you're doing(yes, that too). Chainsnusing Grovsnus is something I wouldn't recommend to someone that has sensitive gums at first as prolonged use could cause gum pain due to the coarseness of this particular snus(salt also being a contributing factor to what is known around the snus world as "pickle or wrinkle lip").


On to the taste...Now when I say this is one of THE best snus out there I'm not just saying it. Pure tobacco, robust and slightly salty, not sweet and never bitter from my experiences. This is a snus that one could easily use all day and not burn out on...Lets put it into perspective. If I were to ever drop an tin of Grovsnus over the side of the bear exhibit at the zoo and there just so happens to be a bear right next to it, that bear better watch out (Grovsnus gives you the strength of 50 men if you didn't know...or that could just be the adrenaline rush you get from facing down a full size bear on its hinds with teeth bearing...but it's most likely the Grovsnus).


All in all, Grovsnus is definitely a great all around snus that can be enjoyed by the older and younger generations and appreciated for its savory simplisticism(it's a word, I saw it on urban dictionary). Head over to Northerner.com to grab a few cans.



No comments:

Post a Comment